January 22, 2016
On behalf of the Board, we hope that you've had a good start to 2016 and are ready for a great year ahead! We'd also like to take this moment to bring you up-to-date on some of the things that we're planning for this year:
- The 2016 Delta Activities Map is underway - information to confirm your ad space will be coming soon. As a reminder, we print 22,000 copies of this map and distribute through BC Ferries, BC Visitors Centres and local businesses. Ad prices are $400 for a 3.75" wide x 2.85" high spot (same price, new size). Space is limited and we sold out quickly last year, so please be sure to act fast this year.
- KidApprovedBC, our campaign in partnership with Tourism Surrey and Tourism White Rock, support by Destination BC, will go to market in conjunction with Family Day in February and Spring Break in March. Please visit kidapprovedbc.com for more details and to make sure that you're included (there is no cost to you to participate).
- Tourism Delta's 2nd Annual General Meeting will be held in April 2016, watch for further details as we'll be offering a valuable workshop that you won't want to miss!
In anticipation of our upcoming AGM, we are looking for partners that are interested in working as a Director. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Thanks go to our current Board of Directors:
- Kristin Bishop, Chair
- Alisha Hagan, Vice Chair
- Kim Kendall, Secretary
- Marion McNeil, Treasurer
- Sylvia Bishop
- Carlene Lewall
- Darren Gates
- Jane Stark
As a reminder: Tourism Delta defines membership as follows:
"...members of the Society are either Tourism or Marketing partners defined by the following:
1. Tourism Partner - any tourism-based business, organization, or individual who holds a current business license in the municipality of Delta.
2. Marketing Partner - any tourism partner who has contributed to or participated in activities of the society within the present year. Minimum levels of support shall be determined by the directors of the Society."
Tourism Delta promotes both tourism and marketing partners, but only marketing partners are entitled to a vote at the AGM.
Make sure to add tourismdelta.com to your favourites and check regularly for information on activities and attractions in Delta (and send us your information so that we can include it). You can also stay up to date and share information by following us on social media - and we encourage you to use our official hashtag #exploredelta.
Lastly, please note that we have changed our mailing address to:
c/o The Corporation of Delta
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K3E1
On behalf of the Board of Directors, thank you for your participation and support so far - we look forward to working with you in the new year!
As always, if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.